Field Research has breathed new life into Poké Stops… and Pokémon Go. You spin, you get new research, you complete it, you get a reward. You can have up to three Field Research tasks active at a time, and rewards can include items from potions to rare candy and silver pinap, to encounters with Pokémon from Chansey to Larvitar, to whatever the latest Shiny is.
If you complete at least one Field Research task a day for seven days, you get a breakthrough reward, which can be a rare Pokémon with a rare movest, like Body Slam Snorlax or, more frequently, a Legendary Pokémon.
What are the January 2019 Field Research Rewards worth caring about?
- Breakthrough: Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Lugia, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-Oh
These are the quests that will get you new or limited-time Pokémon, like Spinda 5, or help you complete your Meltan quest:
- 5 Great Cuverball Throws in a row: Spinda 5
- Transfer 10 Pokémon: Misdreavus (can by Shiny)
- Make 3 excellent curveballs in a row: Larvitar
- Make 3 great throws: Gastly, Anorith, Lileep
- Catch 10 Pokémon: Magikarp or Houndour (can be Shiny)
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokémon: Dratini
- Catch 10 ice-type Pokémon: Kabuto
- Catch 10 ground-type Pokémon: Sandshrew
- Catch 5 fighting-type Pokémon: Magnemite
- Catch 10 Pokémon: Magikarp, Houndour
- Battle in a Gym was 5 times: Machop
- Win 5 Gym Battles: Laprass
- Win a Level 3 Raid or Higher: Omanyte
- Hatch 5 eggs: Chansey or Rare Candy
- Evolve a Pokémon: Eevee
- Evolve a Pokemon using an evolution item: Aerodactyl
There’s also a quest to get 5 Silver Pinap berries:
- Spin 10 Stops/Gyms
The rest of the tasks, as you might imagine, are for more common Pokémon or items.
What is Field Research in Pokémon Go?
Field Research is an in-game task or quest that you can complete in order to get a reward. The reward can be items, like potions or berries, or even an encounter with a Pokémon.
Here’s how Pokémon Go describes them:
There are two different types of research you can contribute to: Field Research and Special Research. Gather Field Research tasks by spinning nearby PokéStops, which will give you objectives that include discovering and catching certain Pokémon or engaging with battles, among other things. Special Research may be requested by Professor Willow himself, and will take you on a journey to make important discoveries!
Both types of research offer great rewards, including a variety of useful items and even encounters with certain Pokémon! You can complete as many research tasks as you want every day, leading to a full day of adventures. These tasks also have different levels of difficulty, so the more challenging a research task is, the greater the reward waiting for you.
You can earn one Stamp per day by completing at least one Field Research task, and when you obtain seven stamps, you can achieve a Research Breakthrough to receive even greater rewards! You may even have an encounter with a Legendary Pokémon!
Research tasks will provide interesting challenges that will help you get better at discovering, battling, and catching Pokémon! We’re excited to see your contributions to the exciting field of Pokémon research, and we can’t wait to hear about the adventures you have along the way! Let’s get moving!
How do you get Field Research in Pokémon Go?
Simple: Walk up to a Poké Stop and spin it. As long as at least one of your three Field Research slots are open, and you have room in your item storage, you’ll get a new Field Research……Read More>>>