Amazon’s Prime Day 2019 has stretched from one day to two — July 15 and 16 — and it starts Monday at midnight local time. We’ve found some of the Prime Day sales and general discounts that are worth your while and put them right here. Keep in mind Amazon Prime Day has triggered competing deal days at other retailers like Target, Walmart and eBay, as well as manufacturer sales on their own sites, and some of them are pretty good.
If you’re looking for more deals, our sister site GameSpot has its own lists specifically for the PS4, Nintendo Switch and more. And maybe consider going old school with Prime Day deals on tabletop games.
Things to keep in mind
- We’ll collect all of the Prime Day laptop and PC deals here; some may be tied to specific Amazon promotions, so the listed prices may not be available until later in the event.
- We’ll keep an eye on pricing and availability, and note when certain items sell out or when the sale prices expire. All expire at the end of the event, 11:59 a.m. PT on July 16, unless otherwise noted.
- Note that CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page.
LGFor a 34-inch LG gaming monitor that supports a 144Hz maximum refresh rate, this is a really good price. It’s G-Sync compatible, which means it supports software-based adaptive refresh rather than Nvidia’s pricey hardware-based (and retronymmed) G-Sync Ultimate. Remember, though, that its 2,560×1,080-pixel resolution screen has a 21:9 aspect ratio, which isn’t supported (or is poorly supported) by a lot of games.
As with the Xbox bundle, this is less about a deep discount, and more about getting a bunch of extras thrown in. For $30 over the usual price of a Switch, you get:
(1) A Switch console in your choice of colors.
(2) Your choice of one of five games: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 or Super Mario Party (all of these usually cost $50 to $60).
(3) Your choice of a free accessory: A portable power bank, a carrying case/screen protector combo or a camo messenger bag.
Just remember that the aforementioned Switch Lite is coming in two months for $200, if you’d prefer to wait.
This is the return of Walmart’s “build a bundle” deal from Black Friday. The base price of $299 isn’t great — you can often find Xbox One S bundles with games for closer to $249 — but Walmart:
(1) Lets you choose which game bundle you want: NBA 2K19, Battlefield V, Fortnite, Forza Horizon 4 or Minecraft.
(2) Throws in an extra controller, so you get a total of two controllers.
(3) Also includes your choice of a HyperX or (for an additional $10) Turtle Beach headset.
So, all in all, not too shabby if you’re coming to the Xbox for the first time……….Read More>>